How to Make a Homemade Kite
Kites are the classic childhood toy that we have fond memories of. Nothing is more exciting than flying a kite on cool breezy day. When kite flying makes one feel excited then imagine how much fun kite making can be!. Kite making is a simple and practical craft that one can enjoy making. Flying a kite made by your own hands will make you smile!
We have brought a simple kite DIY tutorial for all the kite enthusiasts there. With this very simple and easy technique you will be able to make your own kite within few minutes. The materials used in this process are readily available at your home and you will not have rush outside to procure them specially.
Kite making will act as your pass time activity and also enhance your creativity skills.With a few household material, kite making is a simple and fun procedure. So let your creativity soar. With help of few instructions mentioned below one can make a kite which will fly as good as normal kite. So what are you waiting for! Group in your friends and get started to make your own kite!
- Two A4 size blank paper
- Cello Tape
Take one of the A4 size paper and place your paper flat on the table, with the closed end at the top As shown in image below.
- Fold the paper as shown in image below. Do this in order to cut out square portion of the paper.
- Mark the dots at distance as shown in image below.
- Take your ruler and connect the dots with the black marker pen, as shown in the photo.
- Now its time to use the other paper for making tail. Place your paper flat on the table, with the closed end at the top As shown in image in step 1 above.
- Draw Eight lines as shown in image below. With each line 3cm apart.
- After drawing the lines. Cut it out.
- You must have got 8 portion from cutting the other paper from above step.
- Now take 4 portion and stick them together at the end to make a long tail.
- Do the the same for the other four portion.
- Finally take this two tail and stick it to the bottom of the kite. As shown in image below. To make a long tail.
Note: You can stick only one set of tail, in case wind speed is low.
- We will need sticks for this step. Even broom sticks can be used.
- Cut the sticks to the size of kites width . We will need two such sticks, as shown in image below.
- Stick them vertically and horizontally as shown in image below.
- Now the most important step i.e. tie the bridle.
- Make two holes on either side of the stick from a distance of 5.75CM from top. Refer image below
- if you are not sure where to get suitable flying line. The 20 pound strength is ideal for the Simple Series or Soft Series kites.
- Use the kite line and tie a knot between the holes.
- You are now all set to fly your kite.
- One can also decorate the kite. We have shared you one such design in below image.
Fly the kite on perfect windy day.
Once you have completed making your first perfect kite which flies in the air swiftly, keep your creativity going try to make kites with different shapes and sizes using the base concepts and keep the passion going!